Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving and an update

My first Thanksgiving was a success! I was so glad when we cut into the turkey that it was fully cooked and actually tasted good. Before we ate, we went around the table and said what we were grateful for. Merrick said he was thankful for "M&M's, Toy Story and Toy Story book too" It was just us three so we didnt have the full on dinner like normal. We still ended up with tons of leftovers though. For dessert we headed over to a family friends house and had pie and other yummy desserts. They were good!

Wednesday night we headed out to the Upper West Side to check out all the balloons that were going to be in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. It was a big event with lights and announcments and a path you had to stay on. It was cold and crowded but we managed to make our way through the crowd and take some pictures.


Last weekend for our anniversary, Danny and I got to go see the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular! It was the first time we have gone out by ourselves here in NYC. And the show was great. I think I want to go see it again. The Rockettes seriously know what they are doing. Those kicks of theirs are completely in sync. Plus the  Nativity scene at the end was just what we needed to get us in the mood for Christmas!!


In October Danny's brothers Casey and Pierce came to visit!! We went out to dinner at Lombardi's one night, then up to Times Square. After that we stopped by the Manhattan Temple to check it out. I think their favorite place was FAO Schwartz though :) Plus they got to see Wicked while they were here! I'm a little jealous because I haven't seen it yet. I love having visitors stay with us!


I know this picture is really hard to tell but its my PROOF! I saw Rachel from GLEE!!! We were eating dinner at Corner Bistro which is this really tiny place that seats like twenty people, is really dark and is cash only. I look over and think "wow that girl looks alot like the girl from glee" and of course I kept checking to make sure it was her without staring. Sure enough it was Lea Michele. Thats my 3rd celebrity siting so far.

No comments: