Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Apple Picking

Saturday we went apple picking for the first time. It was a success! We went with the Wellings to this cute little farm up in Salem and spent the day doing all these fun autumn activities. We obviously picked a bunch of apples, went on a tractor ride, checked out the pumpkin patch, ate the best apple cider donuts and enjoyed the beautiful outdoors. This is something I hope to do every year because we all had fun! It was the perfect way to start the month of October. Now I just have to figure out what to do with all these apples?!

The best ones were way up there! Notice Danny already snacking on an apple?!



This one is going in their wedding announcement :)



For some reason no one saw this tree. It still had tons of apples left.

3 comments:

Chea said...

love all of this. I really love your jacket Frances. Where did you get it?

Chris and Suzette said...

I soo miss this about being back east!! It's still DANG HOT here in Gilbert :( We picked 150 lbs of apples every year and made applebutter (in the cookbook), dehydrated apples with cinn. and sugar, dipped apples with chocolate and caramel, and just ate a ton of apples for weeks :)

Good luck and enjoy!!

Brooklyn Norton said...

Use those apples and make apple cobbler! I have a bomb recipe that's my great-aunt's if you want it :)