I have to start out by admitting that I've had the paint to do this project for exactly
one year. I kept putting it off because A. I have never really painted a piece of furniture and had it turn out ok and B. it's kind of hard to paint inside a small Manhattan apartment. I knew Merrick was going to be extra curious too about the open can of paint so I distracted him with a movie while I got to work. We got this thing when we moved here last year. There is nothing wrong with it but the color and style is a little blah and not my style at all! I'm not one to properly prepare for these types of projects either, ya know cleaning the surface, sanding it, getting the right brush. So I bought the paint with primer. It still took a good three coats but overall I am happy with the way it turned out!
Before
During
Miner Setback
This picture is why I was so reluctant to paint inside! He was so curious as to what I was doing that he promised he would sit on the bed and just watch. He got bored and as he was sliding off the bed to go watch his movie he landed right in the paint....gahh!!!! It splashed all over the ground, the nightstand, him, me and it was just a great big mess.
After
Next up is the matching dresser thats four times as big...
2 comments:
The dresser looks amazing. Good job Frances. I bet you are now laughing at what happened. You were smart to document it in the heat of the moment. Little boys! :)
Wow, Frances I am so impressed!! And I love the picture of Merrick, that's just priceless.
Post a Comment