Monday, April 25, 2011

A quick update

We went to the movies together for the first time as a family. Of course we had to see HOP. I love taking Merrick to the movies. It's so great to see him get excited about the "big tv screen" and eating popcorn. It was especially fun because Daddy got to sit next to him too! The theater right by our house is awesome! No one is ever there. You can show up 15 minutes late and still get great seats.


Its been really nice out the past week so Merrick has been learning to ride his scooter! He hasn't quite figured out how to turn the wheel yet but thats ok. It's one of those scooters where its nearly impossible to crash....unless you jump off. I guess we need to get him a helmet asap!


Danny and I got to go see Wicked!!! It was great! I had never seen it before and had no idea what to expect but it was so fun. Thanks to Aunt Marilyn who got us awesome seats up close and for watching Merrick for us :) Speaking of that, Marilyn, Kim and Maryn came to visit at the beginning of April. Why I have no pictures is bizarre! The first night we went to Bill's Burger {which we love} and then Friday we went to the Museum of Natural History. That place is huge!! You could spend a couple days in there. We then hit up FAO Schwarz and Crumbs! It was sad to see them leave. Merrick still remembers the stories Grammy's sister told him at night about Buddy Logs{aka Goldilocks} and he asks me to tell it to him every night just like she did. I guess I need to look up that story because I dont really remember it. Anyways we loved having them here with us!!

We like to eat our snacks outside now! I can't tell you how beautiful it is to just sit by the water and watch boats go by and enjoy the warmth!

No comments: