Thursday, September 2, 2010

Summer's Over

We as a family of three have spent the last 3 months together. We have had some of the best adventures and endured some pretty hard trials this summer. But now the days of spending 24/7 together are over. Danny started school on Wednesday and we are all excited! I love spending all my time with my boys but now we can get back into a routine cause lets be honest...Merrick is on a teenagers schedule. Goes to bed late, wakes up late and stays out wayy to late. 
The night before school started we went on one last summer adventure! Danny had the craving for Krispy Kreme donuts. We get on the train and head to Penn Station because there is a little stand there. We arrive and they are "temporarily closed". So we make our way outside only to be consumed by a sea of tweenage girls in purple. Thats right...Justin Bieber concert! We managed to score some cardboard fans with his face on them. Yay for us! 34th street isnt the best place to look for food unless you want Merrick's favorite {McDonald's french fries} so back on the train to try out another place in Chelsea. Well long story short, we ended up eating at Five Guys. I had never been there before and it took me moving to NY to give it a try!
{Yes he is drinking Diet Coke. Like I said, we were still on summer vacation!}

We also went to Sports Authority to pick out a baseball glove for Merrick. I'm thinking maybe next summer he will be able to play catch with Danny and actually know what he is doing. We settled on a new basketball instead!

As I mentioned before Danny's first day of school was yesterday! I asked if I could take a picture of him but he said no. Anyways, yesterday afternoon he was invited to go to the Yankees game with a guy and his two boys in the ward {they are practically family...really :)} but it was at the same time as school. Decisions, decisions!! Guess what he chose....
BOTH!!!
Thanks again Bryce Family!!

1 comment:

busbyfam.blogspot.com said...

I love you little family. I cant wait to see New York with you.